The work in laboratory involves the use of equipment, and other elements which risk, is necessary to know. Security is important in this place. The risk of accidents such as fire or electrical problem can always happen.
The incorrect use of chemical substances by the other hand, can produce inhalation of toxic substances.
1) Do not drink, eat, smoke, or put on make-up in the laboratory
2) Do not run in laboratories.
3) Do not block the corridors.
4) Do not block emergency exits.
5) Do not leave equipment running, unless it is completely necessary and that it is monitored by qualified personal.
-IT IS ADVISABLE.
1) It is important to know the location of the security elements that there are in a laboratory: fire extinguisher, alarms, emergency exits, etc.
2) Take care of order and cleanliness.
3) Work in pairs, to help in the event of an accident.
4) Wear comfortable clothes and shoes with a rubber sole.
5) Verify, before leaving, and leave the work place clean, keep all elements in their right places if gas keys or taps were used, verify they are closed.
ELECTRIC CURRENT, CARE OF EQUIPMENT:
1) The fires by electrical causes are very frequent: OVERHEATING OF CABLES DUE TO OVERLOAD OF THE CONDUCTORS.
2) Overheating due to faults in the thermostats or faults in temperature cutting equipment.
3) Leaks due to insulation faults.
4) Overheating of flammable materials.
5) Ignition of flammable materials by sparks.
-VERIFY THE GROUND CONNECTION.
In the laboratory there is bare copper cable or all the tubes and metal boxes are interconnected by conductors and this network is connected to a galvanized buried iron jade.
All the metallic chassis of the instruments and electrical equipment must be connected to earth.
In the laboratory, came in pairs of ten to be used it.
The ground cables can be disconnected from the equipment
In case of a Couse of gas, pulverized water is used to knock down and, cool the gas, In the case of flammable gases.
MEASURES TO TAKE-
1) In case of freezing, it is recommended to uncord the body parts with warm water and carefully separate the pieces of clothing.
2) In case of burns, cool the skin with cold water constantly until medical help arrives.
3) In case of inhalation, seek medical assistance and inform the doctor of the name of medical products that have been used.
PROTECTION ELEMENTS THAT MUST BE COUNTED IN A LABORATORY IN CASE OF ACCIDENTS.
1) Autonomous breathing apparatus.
2) Gas detector and gas meter.
3) Anti-fire suit in the damage area.
4) Chemical protection suit.
-TYPES OF FIRE EXTINGUISHERS.
Depending on the kind of material that caught fire, the corresponding fire extinguisher that must be used are:
“A” CLASS –“B” CLASS –“C” CLASS –“D” CLASS-
-MECHANICAL CARE –
1) The clothes should fit well.
2) Do not wear a tie-scar –chains –watches –bracelets or rings.
3) Low heel shoes and rubber sole
4) Do not abandon a running machine.